- Look at the following cartoons. What do they have in common?
- How do you think your smatphone affects your life?
- What are the pros and cons of using smartphones? Do you think the advantages outweigh the disadvantages, or the other way about?
- Do you feel like you have to keep checking your phone when you're out?
- When you are out and your phone dies, what is your reaction?
- How disruptive are smartphones to a young person's social life?
- What is the biggest disadvatage of smartphones on society and social interaction?
- What makes smartphones so addictive in your opinion?
- Have you ever heard of the term "Nomophobia"? If so, share what you know about it with the class.
- What exactly is nomophobia? Do any of the people in the video mention any of the ideas discussed above?
- What can be done to overcome nomophobia?
- Do you think you might be nomophobic? Take this quiz and find out!
MATCH UP THE COLLOCATIONS
- Change highly disruptive/ part and parcel of today’s life
- Coin instantly
- Be attached the phone away
- Suffer with people
- Plan your phone 24/7
- Hinder face-to-face communication
- Put from nomophobia
- Acknowledge to your phone
- Fight the urge your dependence
- Have a negative effect/ impact drastically
- Do things on the spot
- Get feedback to check your phone
- Check a term
- Be research
- Interact on relationships
- How do the collocations above refer to the ideas expressed in the video?
In what ways have smartphones affected our lives? Has this been a positive or negative development?" (Write your essay 140-190 words)
- Access to information
- ____________ (Your own idea)